Senior Business Analyst-Oracle EBS
Forty Five Consulting Group is a boutique executive search firm based in Houston, Texas. It was founded on the principle of getting back to basics in recruiting. Our goal is to present our clients with quality talent while providing a positive experience for our candidates.
Please visit www.fortyfivegroup.com for more career opportunities.
We are actively interviewing candidates for a Senior Business Analyst with Oracle EBS. *** iSupplier project experience ***
****NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE***
INDUSTRY: Chemical /Refinery Industry
COMPANY: Our client is a leading producer of value-added products derived from petrochemical raw materials such as C4 hydrocarbons, and a provider of critical infrastructure and logistics services along the Gulf Coast. Our products are sold into a wide range of performance, specialty and intermediate segments, including synthetic rubber, fuels, lubricant additives, plastics and surfactants. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, with an operating history of more than 75 years, our client has a manufacturing facility in the industrial corridor adjacent to the Houston Ship Channel and operates product terminals in Port Neches, Texas and in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
PROJECT(S): Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from identifying, developing, and leading small to mid-size projects to assisting project managers on larger more complex projects related to supply chain functions.
• Provides strategic IT business analysis services to Supply Chain business partners.
• Work closely with the organization to gain in-depth understanding of the business strategy, processes, services, roadmap, opportunities for improvement and the context in which the business operates.
• Responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational and technological risks and opportunities to improve efficiency.
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in supply chain processes and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance in the implementation of best practices and the use of information systems to automate work.
• Stay current with customer needs and strategies; utilizing formal and informal written communication methods (for example, emails, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, executive updates, task lists, updates) to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, senior management, customers, technical staff)
• Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
• Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
• Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
• Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
• Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
• Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes
• Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships
• Work with Project Managers and be responsible for creating and maintaining project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts
• Manage business relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep leadership and business clients up-to-date on project results
• Collaborate closely with technical analysts to understand the capabilities of existing systems and the appropriate application of these systems to automating and streamlining current and improved business processes.
• Collaborate closely with developers to implement the business requirements successfully
• Provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process, including leading and supporting the creation and execution of business client test plans
• Identify ways to increase user adoption and customer satisfaction related to existing systems.
• Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation
• Support system testing, conversions, upgrades, enhancements
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an IT Business Analyst for Oracle EBS and Supply Chain IT Projects
• Minimum of 10 years total experience in supply chain role or Information Technology roles supporting the supply chain functions demonstrating a progressive growth in responsibility
• B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology or related discipline
• Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
• Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
• Understanding of Indices, fundamentals, and analytical data, returns level data etc.
• Understanding of process development, best practices, and documentation.
• Data analysis – Must have proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Excel
• Chemical and/or Refinery Industry experience
• Oracle EBS 12.1.3 experience working with the iSupplier modules
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Strong management and organizational skills.
• Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills.
• Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
• Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and relationship management skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across multiple locations.
• Understanding of cybersecurity risks and risk mitigation options, preferably with understanding and experience with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
• ITIL Certification is a plus
• Previous Consultative background is not required but would be a plus.